Remote procedure call?

Jane doe 07:29 12 Aug 03

Hi yesterday I started getting my computer shutting itself down. An error box comes up saying..Remote Procedure Call was terminated unexpectedly. You computer will now close down and reboot. This was authorised by NT Authority System. Then it counts down from 60 then reboots. The computer only stays on for 5 mins at a time. Ive changed nothing recently. Cant scan for AV (I use Norton) because the computer will not stay on long enough. Any ideas please?

Jester2K II 07:57 12 Aug 03

Possible Virus (3 threds in 10 minutes today)
click here

click here

Stinger will remove some - i suspect this to be the Lovsan Virus click here

Get AV free - click here

Jester2K II 07:59 12 Aug 03

Again

I think that as there have been 43 thread on this in 10 minutes its a new virus.

Lovsan seems to fit the bill

click here

click here

Stinger click here can remove this virus.

Then get patching - Microsoft has issued a patch for the vulnerability exploited by this worm. The patch is available from click here.

If you have AV update - if not get Free AV Get AV free - click here

Jester2K II 08:32 12 Aug 03

Symantec also have a tool against this

click here

erkmatrix 09:45 12 Aug 03

I tryed to update my AVG and it downloaded then at the end said the avg file is damaged and cannot update. is this some clever thing the virus designer has put in the virus to stop us getting rid of it. what should I do

Jester2K II 09:48 12 Aug 03

Redownload it - happens from time to time. Use the Stinger link - it much smaller and get that scanning whilst redownloading AVG update

livewire 11:52 12 Aug 03

Wow this virus is spreading very fast, Strting ot scan my system now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…