Remote Printer

phd1 08:35 09 Sep 08

Hello
I am looking for an idiots guide to setting up a remote printer. I would like to be able to work from home but to be able to print in documents in the office, please could somebody advise me on how to set up a remote printer. We are using Windows XP Pro if that makes any difference

Many Thanks
Phil

howard64 08:47 09 Sep 08

one way of doing it is to set up a virtual network at the office. Once set up you will need a password authorisation and can then set it up on your pc to log in to your office system. I have set this up once for a company but a couple of years ago. Another thing could be if you do not have a large office system is to use the remote operation built into xp to take over the pc at the office and control it from home. Never done it but there are other progs around which are better than xp's.

phd1 08:55 09 Sep 08

Thanks for the help, when i work from home i work off my termianl in the office via the server,is it possible to set the printer up so it will print out at home

Phil

howard64 11:10 10 Sep 08

Once connected to your server from home your printer which I assume to be connected to your home pc should appear in the list of connected printers and therefore you should be able to print to it. If it is not on the list you will probably have to add it from the office end meaning that it and your home pc will have to be switched on and connected while it is added.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…