Remote PC switching

Woof 20:53 18 Jul 06

Would it be possible to switch a PC on or off by means of wiring from the 'soft power connector' usualy found on 'front panel socket panel' that accomodates the the reset s/w, HD active LED and PC speaker.

Is the 'front panel switch' a temporary on switch? ie after releasing the button does the switch go off?

silverous 21:02 18 Jul 06

Probably, have you looked at 'wake on lan' though? Network traffic can be used to 'wake up' the PC.

Woof 21:09 18 Jul 06

What I want to do is to manually close down all my system - priner, vdu and scanner by means of a solid state relay

silverous 08:17 19 Jul 06

I'm sure something could be built if you want to start wiring up to your monitor, PC etc. Alternatively have a look at X10 - home automation stuff, you could switch the power off remotely but that might be a bit 'harsh' on the kit!

Woof 10:20 19 Jul 06

Thanks for your help, I suppose the whole idea was laziness on my part. At present the whole of my system including a TV can be switched off manualy via solid state relay, including the power suppy for the relay.
My idea was that when the PC closed down it would in someway take the finger pressing out of the equation!!!
Must be the hot weather

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now