Remote PC Access

sorceror7374 20:03 16 Dec 09

I'm just about to fly home to Canada for a month and would like to be able to access my PC from there if possible. Are there any good, simple, reliable ways of doing this?

Technotiger 20:06 16 Dec 09

I have not used this, but do believe it will do what you want.

click here

oldbeefer2 11:25 17 Dec 09

Teamviewer is good, but needs a human response from the distant computer each time you want to connect.

Technotiger 12:14 17 Dec 09

Not according to the PDF, which says "You have access to the computer to be serviced and you can perform any action, even if no one is sitting in front of it."

I have not read the full instructions, but it looks as if it may be possible.

I am of course, open to correction!

Sea Urchin 12:47 17 Dec 09

As Technotiger says the latest offering from TeamViewer allows you to to remotely access an unattended computer.

oldbeefer2 22:09 17 Dec 09

Something has changed then, as I've been using the program for over a year and my brother has to give me a (different) password every time I need to connect to his PC. Shall look into it!

Rahere 22:43 17 Dec 09

Teamviewer has the option to login remotely without a user in front of both PCs This is not the normal allow access PIN, you have to set an unattended password for this.

As an alternative you could try LogMeIn which has a free version. click here

Michael_R 17:55 18 Dec 09

I have used this one which works. It does need your remote computer to be on all the time. So if you have a power cut or it is switched off it will be a problem. click here

A limited version, which should be enough is free. Try it on two computers to see how it works for you.

GaT7 17:58 18 Dec 09

"It does need your remote computer to be on all the time."

As far as I know, they ALL do :-). G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…