Remote log-in through a firewall help.

chrisv 10:49 28 May 03

Is there a bit of software out there that allows me to log into my office Server through our firewall if I don,t have a fixed IP address at home. Both ends are using broadband. Any info on how I set-up both ends would be well appreciated.

Belatucadrus 11:16 28 May 03

Can't say how good they would be, but these may be worth checking out click here click here and click here

AndySD 11:18 28 May 03

You will need to get the Systems Administrator at work to set up a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection for you.

chrisv 11:28 28 May 03

To AndySD Only being a small company we don't have a System Administrator. Do you know of any litrature that may be of use?

AndySD 11:38 28 May 03

Is it a hardware or software firewall? If its hardware you may find the info on the manufacturers website.... also are you using a server at work and if so which... (windows 2000 server ..etc)

chrisv 12:17 28 May 03

We are still using Windows NT with Back Office. The firewall is a software set-up.

AndySD 12:45 28 May 03

Ok so I cant help too much here as I dont know NT server as my training on servers started with 2000..... but I found these

The Server
click here

The client click here

Hopefully others can help more.

AndySD 12:55 28 May 03

click here this site may help.

chrisv 13:04 28 May 03

Many thanks Andy. I will go and have a play.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…