Remote Laptop

surfer47 16:30 03 Aug 10

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with a BT hub and broadband and I want to be able to view my photographs in another room. Do I need a high spec laptop? I am running Vista and I have seen some laptops with XP and 512 MB Ram. Would this work or would I need something bigger?

Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:01 03 Aug 10

you could do it with something like this click here

surfer47 22:50 21 Aug 10

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with a BT hub and broadband and I want to be able to view my documents and access the broadband on a Dell Notebook in another room. How would I go about it?

MAJ 23:08 21 Aug 10

Assuming the notebook is wireless enabled, (they usually are, nowadays), turn on the wireless card, by holding down the Fn key and pressing [usually] the F2 key. The notebook should now pick up the signal from the BT Hub, enter your wireless key, the default key will usually be printed somewhere on the Hub, and you should be able to connect to the internet on the notebook. I'm assuming the desktop is wired to the Hub via ethernet cable, so you should be connecting via that already. To access your My documents folder that is stored on the desktop computer, from the notebook, network the two computers and 'Share' the My Documents folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…