remote internet access via laptop

moorie 16:53 15 Sep 06

i want to access the internet around a 3 mile radius of my home through a laptop (multiple locations).i have seen a product through t mobile that allows u to connect via 3g card at 19.99 per month,has anybody any experience of this service or similar service or even a freebie way of doing it?ps t mobile states the coverage is excellent fo my area.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:55 15 Sep 06

3G just slightly less than broadband speed but the vodaphone one is a bit iffy in some locations.

If you have good coverage then it should be fine £19.99 sounds a good price.

ade.h 18:03 15 Sep 06

3G provides up to 384Kbits per sec, so is slower than even midband internet services. I find it satisfactory for light use, however. With the data cost, light use is really the practical limit.

Strawballs 18:07 15 Sep 06

My friend works for the Gas Board and they work from home only going to the depot to restock van and they use Vodaphone aircard which he said was not bad but as Fruit Bat /\0/\ said can be a bit iffy in some area's.

moorie 18:13 15 Sep 06

thanks for replys it would be just for light use ie surfing no downloads so it sounds ok

moorie 07:58 16 Sep 06

after further review of t mobiles excellent coverage it turns out the majority is 2 g coverage.whats the difference ie will i be able to surf the net?
ps the price is now£17.99 per month unlimited as i am a business customer,however the price is irrelevent if it is naff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video