Remote Desktop with Win XP pro

Marky_Bhoy 23:13 07 Feb 04

I have successfully set up a remote desktop with my PC and laptop.

I managed this by sending an invitation by email from my laptop to my PC. Everything works well.

What I would like to know is how to keep this invitation open? For instance I plan to link up another PC to my network. This PC will be situated in my loft without a keyboard/ monitor. It will act as a server for my website etc. (I will use a monitor and keyboard to initially set up the connection)

However, when I switch of my PC I will lose the 'remote connection'. I could go thought the same procedure again. However this will mean that I have to climb up into the loft to set everything up again.

Ideally I want to 'remotely' access this other PC in the loft with my main PC whenever I feel like it.

Can anyone help?

Marky_Bhoy 23:44 07 Feb 04

I discovered how to do this by searching in the Windows help. By clicking on the link 'using remote desktop from home' a very usefel tutorial took me thorugth the steps.

Bascially I had to set up the permisions. Then I could log on to the other pc as the default user.

Anyway, its all in the help section of windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…