Remote Desktop - Navision - Printers

Sir Radfordin 18:57 25 Apr 05

A small charity I do some work for has recently started to use Navision for its accounts. They access a server in Denmark via XPs Remote Desktop function.

All is working well, apart from getting printers set up. Does anyone have any advice on what may be wrong here?

I'm guessing there is a setting to say use local printers from remote desktop or something similar but haven't as yet located it.

Sadly I'm not able to gain access to the computer in question for a couple of weeks so am trying to fix the problem by guesswork!

tarkus 19:12 25 Apr 05

we use the concorde xal version of navision where i work and connect to it remotely when we work from home via a vpn (sorry cant remember the vpn client software name) but we found that we could only print to parallel port printers not usb ones, not sure if this is alimitation in the vpn software or navision but might help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…