remote desktop help please

Legolas 20:02 10 Feb 03

I have networked my two computers together, the host machine has XP and the client machine has 98 I have set up remote desktop which runs from the client machine and allows access to the host machine does anyone know how I can access the desktop of the client machine from the host machine or can you only work this from client to host?

leo49 20:23 10 Feb 03

h**p://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/webcasts/wc030502/WCT030502.asp

Replace ** with tt.

Above is the transcript of an MS Webcast re Remote assistance - alternatively you can download a Powerpoint presentation. Might help you.

Regards

leo49 20:25 10 Feb 03

h**p://click here

Another might help.

Regards

Legolas 21:08 10 Feb 03

Thanks for the replies but I have already set up remote desktop and can access my XP system from my Win98 system using remote desktop what I was wondering is can I do it the other way round and access the Win98 machine from the XP machine according to ßéŁâ the answer is no but does anyone know if a third party software such as PC Anywhere would allow me to do this.

Qmar 21:24 10 Feb 03

there are other utilities .. carboncopy .. pcanywhere ...laplink(free versions on coverdiscs).. but none as straightforward as two xp's linked together.. <so i was informed by a programmer friend>.

Legolas 22:54 10 Feb 03

thanks Qmar I downloaded a trial of Carbon Copy which has done the trick I can now access both computers from each other.

Qmar 01:10 11 Mar 03

a free (rather donationware ),cross-os (!)remote control utility (!) as follows...click here [TIGHTVNC]

but a bit more cmplicated than say laplink.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5