remote desktop help please

Legolas 20:02 10 Feb 03

I have networked my two computers together, the host machine has XP and the client machine has 98 I have set up remote desktop which runs from the client machine and allows access to the host machine does anyone know how I can access the desktop of the client machine from the host machine or can you only work this from client to host?

leo49 20:23 10 Feb 03

h**p://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/webcasts/wc030502/WCT030502.asp

Replace ** with tt.

Above is the transcript of an MS Webcast re Remote assistance - alternatively you can download a Powerpoint presentation. Might help you.

Regards

leo49 20:25 10 Feb 03

h**p://click here

Another might help.

Regards

Legolas 21:08 10 Feb 03

Thanks for the replies but I have already set up remote desktop and can access my XP system from my Win98 system using remote desktop what I was wondering is can I do it the other way round and access the Win98 machine from the XP machine according to ßéŁâ the answer is no but does anyone know if a third party software such as PC Anywhere would allow me to do this.

Qmar 21:24 10 Feb 03

there are other utilities .. carboncopy .. pcanywhere ...laplink(free versions on coverdiscs).. but none as straightforward as two xp's linked together.. <so i was informed by a programmer friend>.

Legolas 22:54 10 Feb 03

thanks Qmar I downloaded a trial of Carbon Copy which has done the trick I can now access both computers from each other.

Qmar 01:10 11 Mar 03

a free (rather donationware ),cross-os (!)remote control utility (!) as follows...click here [TIGHTVNC]

but a bit more cmplicated than say laplink.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…