Remote Desktop - Fast enough using 56k Dialup?

Shorty 21:12 28 Sep 03

My wife has been offered a kind of remote desktop option by her company to work from home. Details are a bit sketchy sorry. My main question is that will she be able to dial in and run a programme (Sage Payroll Program) using a 56k dialup account. She will also need some word and excel files from the company server, but I guess that would be less of a problem.

Gaz 25 22:40 28 Sep 03

She will be able to operate the remote computer, and running programs on it on a 56K is ok, long as you do not have to many features selected like print, sounds and high color graphics.

Broadband is best for RD sharing.

graham√ 23:49 28 Sep 03

I would think that she would be connecting to the companys server using dial up, not using remote desktop. 56k is fine for Excel and Word. Large files would take a while to transfer, but presumably a Freephone number would be used, so it shouldn't be a problem.

MichelleC 09:15 29 Sep 03

And bearing in mind Freeserve cut you off every 2 hrs on Anytime, but Tiscali (for instance) don't.

-pops- 09:19 29 Sep 03

See if you can get your wife's company to install broadband for you<;-)))

Shorty 16:02 30 Sep 03

Thanks, I really like the suggestion to plead for Broadband access! See where we go from here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…