Remote Desktop Connection

Gary 19:28 15 Apr 03

I have just set up a network and file and printer sharing etc. are all working fine.

I have been trying to set up the Remote Desktop facility in Windows XP Pro. I have configured all the options on both machines as described in the help files of Windows. I can access computer A using remote desktop from computer B but not computer B from computer A.

Can anyone advise me of which settings I need to change?

Legolas 21:13 15 Apr 03

As far as I know you cannot use remote desktop from your XP host to client only the other way round from client to host.

Gary 23:10 15 Apr 03

Before I had the computer I've got now, I had another one in its place on the Network and was able to use the Remote Desktop connection in either direction. As far as I know, I have not set either computer to act as a host or defined the clients - because there are only two computers on the network.

Do anyone have any ideas at all what is causing this problem?

fitshase 02:26 16 Apr 03

Have you not tried using WinVNC (click here).

It is much easier to use than remote desktop and easier to connect. Fire up the viewer, type in the IP address of the computer you want to control, type in the password of that computer (set in WinVNC on that computer) and that is it.

Hope this helps

regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…