Remote Desktop Connection

Gary Wood 12:44 08 Nov 06

At work we have a Windows Server 2003 server, which allows staff to connect in remotely using Remote Desktop Connection.

A couple of staff who have Windows XP Home on their systems at home say that their local printers are not available from within the Remote Desktop. I have the same printer as one of these people and can see it, but I'm using XP Pro.

Does anyone know if there is any restriction on mapping printers into Remote Desktop Connections if the client computer is using XP Home?

Thanks,

Gary

sebbywebby 18:14 08 Nov 06

Windows XP Pro comes with Remote Desktop Connection installed, when Xp Home has a small sample.

Gary Wood 18:21 08 Nov 06

sebbywebby,

Thanks for this. I know that you can't connect to a machine running Windows XP Home because have such a function.

But, the Remote Desktop Connection client is available to allow you to connect to another computer which is running Windows XP Pro or Windows Server.

That is working in that staff can actually connect to the server from home using XP Home. However, even with the correct settings, their printers do not get mapped into the remote sessions.

Should they do, or is this one of the differences between Home and Pro?

Gary

sebbywebby 13:21 16 May 07

yes it does

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced