Remote desktop connection

dave_the_red 11:36 09 Aug 04

I have a friend who is not very knowledgable when it comes to pcs and as a result of this he asks me to go round and look at his pc whenever anything goes wrong which is quite often. Sometimes it is just a 5 minute job and I would like to use remote desktop connection to sort these kind of problems from my own home. We are both on Win XP Pro, I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience of using it. I would like to know could I install software on his pc using this and how easy is it to setup.

Mat2 11:40 09 Aug 04

Do you mean remote assistence, if so. Have a look here click here , you will find this very informative.

scooby43 11:40 09 Aug 04

you can use this its free and does a great job.

click here

Chegs ® 11:43 09 Aug 04

I have used Remote Desktop in XP,but found this click here to be much easier to setup and use.You both install it,input the IP addresses and create a password.Then,when either of you wish to take over the others PC,just input the IP address of the machine your wanting,type in the password and off you go.I use it to run maintenance on my daughters PC(to idle to walk upstairs)and to help her out with PC problems(only problem with it is if she has a fullscreen app running,I get a blank screen)

2neat 12:51 09 Aug 04

use scooby43 link. Very easy to use and setup.

dave_the_red 12:32 10 Aug 04

Thanks for the info and links they have helped a lot. I think I will give both a try and see which one i prefer. Also thanks mat2 for the link on remote assistance, that is what I meant and it is very informative, will be more confident about using it now. Thanks again

2neat 12:54 10 Aug 04

tick the box then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…