remote desktop

bythor 20:31 21 Feb 07

A couple of problems to think about here. My sister (many miles away from me) compalined of too many pop ups suddenly. I said I'd have a look at via remote desktop or remote assistance. Gave up on both due to maybe getting in once then not at all. Been using VNC, which works far better, however kicks me out at varying short intervals. Sometimes after a few seconds, other times after a few minutes. No apparent pattern to it. I did find that if I was on the phone to her at the same time, when she hung up it would boot me out and when I try to go back in her ip changed. (Using a BT router). Sent her a replacment dsl filter in case it was just that, but no change. Anyway. realise the info I'm giving here might be very sketchy, but if anyone is interested in helping to solve this one then just ask away and I'll give more info as needed. Thanks for reading folks!

STREETWORK 21:42 21 Feb 07

I would ask her to run some spyware and adware programs to check for any problems

Spy bot Search and Destroy

Adaware

and a-squared.

You can find these by doing a google search...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…