Remote control of another PC

Graham ® 10:35 11 Mar 05

I have set up a PC for a friend. Rather than go round or try to solve a problem by phone, can I take over the PC from mine?

Both are XP and the with same ISP broadband.

VoG II 10:45 11 Mar 05

Remote Assistance click here

BH34 10:46 11 Mar 05

To start Remote Assistance

Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
Click Invite a friend to connect to your computer with Remote Assistance.

Both you and your helper must be using either Windows Messenger Service or a MAPI-compliant e-mail account such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express.
You and your helper need to be connected to the Internet while using Remote Assistance.
If you are working on a local area network, firewalls might stop you from using Remote Assistance. In this case, check with your network administrator before using Remote Assistance.
If for some reason you are unable to send an invitation by using e-mail or Windows Messenger Service, you can create and save an invitation. On the first page of Remote Assistance, click Invite someone to help you. On the next page, click Save invitation as a file (Advanced), and follow the instructions to save the file. You can then send the saved invitation file to your helper in the manner you choose, such as copying it onto a floppy disk or a shared network location, sending it over another e-mail service or an FTP connection, and so on.

Mat2 10:46 11 Mar 05

Yes you can, it is called remote assistence, have a look here this may help you click here

PsiFox 10:46 11 Mar 05

There are a grea tmany products that can do this, some free some you pay.

Some are more difficult than others to setup.

A relatively easy to use system and FREE is available here

click here

This works I have tried it.

Pay for PC anywhere from symantec

or VNV

click here

PsiFox 10:47 11 Mar 05

sorry vnv =VNC

Graham ® 11:20 11 Mar 05

Thanks all, just popping round to the PC in question. I will have to digest all this information later, too late for this visit!

Graham ® 11:30 11 Mar 05

Just noticed, I put 'the with same' :-)

Graham ® 10:13 12 Mar 05

OK, I got Remote Access to the PC using Windows Messenger, but it was a little confusing first time. I lost the connection after a few minutes, my friend must have pressed the wrong key!

Going to try mywebexpc from PsiFox's link later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…