Remote Broadband?

Morpheus© 14:18 10 Oct 03

Hi, daft question there such a thing as a remote BB thingy, at the moment i have a win98 desktop, and a XP laptop with a wireless link, but the desktop PC is on its last legs,so i have visions of just using the laptop only, now to the question, about time i hear you cry, without the desktop running i would have to carry the frog around the house with the laptop, so is there a box of tricks that would take the place of the desktop PC so i would still have the wireless link to the laptop......

i hope that all makes sense....i have re-read it a dozen times, and i am losing the plot. :-(

zydec 14:21 10 Oct 03

Best bet would be to get a USB Router, such as the draytek vigor 2200 USB. this would then alow you plug the USB BB modem into it, you would then need to get a wireless access point. Plug the AP in to the router, this would then distribute your BB via wireless.

Morpheus© 14:31 10 Oct 03

thanks for that, i will now check it out..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…