Remote Assistance

jack 19:47 03 Apr 08

I have a couple members of my flock who often have difficulty graping what to do when they telephone with a query.
In asking one of them to check ouy Wiundows Help file and whilst the were looking I was miroring them my self/
- I passed over the 'Remote Assistance' panel
This I thought could be an answer to the problem
Remotely control their computer,
Which of you have used this facility and how did it work out both as Teacher and Pupil

User-312386 19:57 03 Apr 08

Hi Jack

Its easier to use remote assistance with windows live messenger click here i use it with all my friends who have computer problems

brundle 20:32 03 Apr 08

CrossLoop click here or Teamviewer click here are both improvements on the built-in facility. No need for an account with either, but CrossLoop has been made a little less simple lately - to start click `Create account` then at the next screen click the word Skip in tiny letters on the bottom right of the `fill in your details` blurb.

brundle 20:33 03 Apr 08

Working version of the second link; click here

jack 11:44 04 Apr 08

Have download both TeamViewer and Crossloop for appraisal
Will take it from there

Sea Urchin 12:20 04 Apr 08

I used to use the inbuilt remote desktop to keep in touch with my "flock" (I like that term) but it can be fairly difficult to connect up for raw recruits, and there can be problems with getting through firewalls etc. Just two weeks ago I started using Team Viewer, and it's been a rip roaring success on all counts. Simple to get connected, and you can connect to/from any OS from Win98 to Vista. Even possible to use if your partner is on dial-up - although naturally pretty slow.

Have I sold it to you, jack? As you can probably see I'm very happy with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…