remote assistance

Garthyy 20:20 14 Jun 07

I'm trying to connect to my father in laws computer but keep getting this;
Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the remote host name could not be resolved. Please try again.

I keep trying but the same msg appears - I have opened port 3389 on my router so what else can I try? He only has microsoft firewall and sent the request vias email.
please help.

brundle 20:21 14 Jun 07

Is he using a router? Is he using a third-party firewall? Download this; click here, it makes
RA so much simpler (you will both need to download it)

Garthyy 20:27 14 Jun 07

no router - no other software going to try your stuff brundle thank you.

beeuuem 20:31 14 Jun 07

If you cannot establish a Remote Control session but you know that you are connected, you will need to ensure that the Remote Desktop settings are correct by right clicking on My Computer > Properties > Remote > Remote Desktop frame > Advanced and ensure that the Allow users to connect remotely to this computer option is checked.

Garthyy 20:59 14 Jun 07

How would I know I'm connected - from the message givern I would say not but still learning about RA.
F-I-L gone out now so have to try tomorrow.

Garthyy 19:12 16 Jun 07

brundle - brilliant bit of software worked fantastic thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…