remote assistance

pete h 21:23 13 May 05

Hya ppl. just a quickie i hope, all of a sudden i am unable to use remote assistance, nothing happens when i or the person on the other end accepts the invite. anyone any ideas please.

pete

Gongoozler 07:56 14 May 05

Hi Pete. I've no idea what the answer is, but as your posting has slipped into the black hole of page 2, I'll push it back to the top of the list for you.

CurlyWhirly 08:54 14 May 05

Have you checked that the following option "Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be sent from this computer" is ticked?
It is in CONTROL PANEL > REMOTE > Remote Assistance.
If it is ticked then I can't help you but this will bump you back up the list ;0)

Graham ® 09:05 14 May 05

Is this using Windows Messenger?

pete h 09:16 14 May 05

curley wurley i cant find remote assistance in my control panel mate, can u tell me where it should be? and graham it is using msn messenger version 6.2 and i have tried it on version 7.

pete

CurlyWhirly 12:23 14 May 05

If you are running Windows XP it is in START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM > REMOTE (under the system properties tab).

acein1 09:02 12 Jun 05

pete h. i was just browsing this form for oppionions about using "remote assistance",i have not used it my self but was about to try it to help someone setup "antivirus!, the only comment i can make is as far as i know you have to use WINDOWS MESSENGER, to use remote assistance please correct me if im wrong on this

VoG II 09:13 12 Jun 05

click here (and links at the bottom).

romford 18:58 20 Jun 05

Curlywirly - Many thanks for your tip on where to find 'remote' in control panel. It solved my problem. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant