remote access wifi ip webcam

wobbler 12:34 26 May 09

My setup consists of a GRANDTEC IP Webcam, a Belkin wireless router and Windows XP. I have the camera working on my local network OK but I cannot access it from other locations away from my network. I use my home ip address but get page not available. My port forwarding settings on my router seem to ok, but not 100% sure, any ideas?

Dave-dxer 12:44 20 Jun 09

I hope you don't feel that I am hijacking your thread, but I have exactly the same problem, except in my case the camera ia an Axis207w, the router is a Thompson TG585 and I am running Vista 64 bit. In the router I have opened port 8000 and linked it to the camera's ip address. I suspect the problem may be in the camera configuration. I have set up for it to use port 8000 and entered its' ip address. I wonder if I have the sub mask and default gateway correct. I am using those found by looking at command prompt/ ipconfig, namely sub 255.255.255.0 and default router 192.168.1.254.
I am a newbie at all this and not too wise about setting things up. Can anyone offer any advice?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac