Remote Access Software

SDJ 10:33 02 Jul 04

I have a client who wants to be able to access his Sage accounts whilst abroad, Sage are not confirming or denying that this will work, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

If not then any comments on RA in general such as would it be better to have a BB connection or does it work just as good with 56k dial up, I think I know the answer to that one but just in case!

I had thought about Windows Messenger and the Ask for Assistance but we dont want any user intervention at the source as it could be within other timezones and in the middle of the night!

Lozzy 10:37 02 Jul 04

The safest way is by using PC Anywhere supplied by Symantec.

SDJ 10:42 02 Jul 04

what about the speed aspect?
My client lives in a country village in Devon, probably no BB and wants to access his software whilst in Bulgaria which he tells me has a poor telecommunications system.

Chegs ® 13:22 02 Jul 04

PC Anywhere,when I used it awhile back,was so slow I could have carried the data between the PC's faster.I would go for the free option,RealVNC/UltraVNC from here click here

The Dark Sage 15:26 02 Jul 04

What is he running Sage on, is it on a single machine from his house? If he is and he is running Windows XP I suppose he could try remote desktop, he would have to leave his machine on all the time though, unless his PC has a modem that boots the pc when the phone rings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…