Remote access service manager

Raven__5 12:22 19 Aug 03

I recently re-installed my windows xp pro and am now unable to make a network connection.
Also unable to system restore. In control panel, network connections is connection wizard will not help..and in cannot Auto start the remote access service manager..this is the same problem with system restore.
Unable to set up dial up with internal modem or ADSL connection with broadband moldem...HELP
Could this be because I no longer have service pack 1?? Anyone??

rober32 13:10 19 Aug 03

Open Control Panel from the Start menu.
Double-click on Administrative Tools.
Double-click on Services.
Double-click on Network Connections.
Set the "Startup Type" to Automatic and press Start (Button is enabled if service is not currently running) other wise press OK.
Go back to the Network Connections control panel and hit F5 (Refresh). If the icons do not appear and you receive an error message then do the following...
Click Start, and choose Run.Type cmd and press OK.
In the DOS Prompt, type cd \Windows\System32 and press the Enter key.
Type regsvr32 netman.dll and press Enter.
Type regsvr32 netcfgx.dll and press Enter.
Type regsvr32 netshell.dll and press Enter.
You will get a popup saying that the dll registered successfully after each one. Press OK.
Exit the DOS prompt by typing Exit and press Enter or just close the window down.

Restart the PC and check Network Connections, all the icons should re-appear.

rawprawn 15:37 19 Aug 03

If rober32 answer doesn't work, you need to reinstall Service Pack 1. I had exactly the same problem on XP Home, as soon as I reinstalled SP1 everything went back to normal.

Raven__5 16:27 21 Aug 03

Thanks to Rober32 for being so prompt and so willing to help out and thanks to rawprawn for sharing his discovery...
It was indeed the fact that I no longer had Service Pack 1 installed that I could not system restore nor connect to internet server.
I had to get a friend of a friend to download the service pack onto a cd and then I was able to install and all my problems were over...for now.
Thanks to all this great big community of helpful computer users...Wonderful to know you are there..wherever that is...Raven__5

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…