remote access to another pc

ROYWIDD 15:54 15 Feb 05

Hi friendly people,I have a friend in Australia who's not computer literate,and on occasion i need to send files and info to sort out his pc problems.It would be so much easier if i could access that pc directly from here.Is there a program or are there programs available that would let me do that?
My system is win 98se,Athlon xp2000,i'm on cable b/band.What details would i need of his pc,internet connection etc?
Hoping someone can please help,regards..roywidd

VoG II 16:10 15 Feb 05
  TomJerry 16:15 15 Feb 05

it can be done, for example using GoToMyPC, PcAnywhere, Laplink Everywhere, but they all change over $10 a month.

call to Aus only costs 1p a minute click here, if you use skype, it is free click here, phone call maybe is your best option

Rigga 16:22 15 Feb 05

You could also use RealVNC which is free. > click here <

So you can Skype the audio and remotely control their computer with RealVNC at the same time.

R.

ROYWIDD 17:24 19 Feb 05

many thanks Vog,TomJerry and Rigga,all set up now,and i do like telediscount!1p phonecalls to Australia!!Apologies for the delay in replying,life got in the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…