Remote access

Elyvate 16:35 08 Oct 03

OK heres the situation, at the moment I can connect to my office server via a dial up router. Eg. I dial up to the router, it connects and then goes through our small switch which connects our server and other workstations. We also have broadband and I was wondering if I could connect to the server this way as dial up is way too slow.
I have AOL broadband at home (yes, no comments please) and in our office we use Nildram.
As of yet we dont have a firewall in the office as I'm still waiting for the directors to give the go ahead on that one so if there is no firewall I'm sure it would be easy to get access to the server.
I'm not sure what other information you might need, just let me know.
Thanks

recap 19:50 08 Oct 03

Ask your systems administrator for the necessary setting as you should be able to connect via the BB connection. Also take note of your settings and pass them on to him just in case he requires them.

p.s.
Doesn't the router have a firewall? If not I would strongly advise your directors to vote for the firewall.

Elyvate 21:46 08 Oct 03

well it just so happens that I am the systems administrator, its only a small company and I am in charge of the computers which I think is a bad mistake. The bosses seem to be happy with dial up but I want MORE speed. Is there some program I could use or something?
No, the router doesn't have a built in firewall, as that costs extra, if it was my money I would of paid for it but who's to argue with the top dogs.

Elyvate 09:56 09 Oct 03

^bump^
any more suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5