reminder of country modem settings

argon 13:46 02 May 03

Having changed modems and removed all drivers and software for old modem I get the reminder every time i start.
Does anyone know how to prevent this.My present modem works well!!

Cuddles 23:12 03 May 03

You may still have a reference to the old modem in the registry, if so remove it and this should stop the problem. RUN>REGEDIT>EDIT>FIND type in name of modem and press enter DELETE>ENTER>F3 to resume search. I assume you have removed all traces of old modem from Device Manager.

argon 15:03 04 May 03

Thanks cuddles' regedit hasn't solved the problem!!
Device manager checked and also searched for any old file
reminder still there

graham√ 16:03 04 May 03

Is it the new modem giving the message? Try changing the country, re-start, then change it back and re-start again.

argon 16:23 04 May 03

No the reminder refers to the old modem

graham√ 19:23 04 May 03

What about re-installing the old modem driver and changing the country as above. If that cures the problem you may be able to leave the driver installed, but obviously opt to use the new modem.

argon 17:20 05 May 03

Thanks Graham but without old modem i cannot re install software.
I have decided to remove reminder from start up using System Config this removes the annoyance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…