remind me how unzipping

Muergo 10:23 27 Jun 10

I have seen several questions/answers posted recently but does not address my problem.

How can I make 7-Zip my default unzipper and stop winzip getting in first.

By just uninstalling winzip will that solve the dilemma?

I have both installed on my pc.

Windows XP SP3 Outlook Express & Firefox.

sunnystaines 10:30 27 Jun 10

I could never get on with winzip. delete it, you can always reinstall at a later date.

7-zip i think is the better one to have.

Muergo 11:11 27 Jun 10

Thanks Steaming hot Staines, but if I just uninstall winzip will 7-Zip just slot in, take over, I have it enabled but O.E. never gave me the option of which to use, just went straight to winzip.

Winzip are also nagging me to renew subscription , licence I got free a year ago, and I want to stop them. I will soon put the block on them.

sunnystaines 11:44 27 Jun 10

try a test run with a zipped download or make a folder with some copied content and try zip and unzip.

Sea Urchin 11:51 27 Jun 10

I've used 7-Zip for several years - I just right-click the compressed file and select 7-Zip which gives options as to how and where you want to unzip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…