Remembering Tabs in Firefox 5! Help appreciated!

gazmix 22:39 PM 15 Aug 11

Hi In Firefox 5, how do i shut down the browser & have it remember the tabs i have open? In version 3, i could close the browser & it would ask me if i wanted to remember the 5 or 6 tabs i had open, in version 5 it doesn't! Am i missing something??

gazmix 23:03 PM 15 Aug 11

Also, there is no progress bar at the bottom right to see how a page is loading!!

Why is the later version worse?

gazmix 09:40 AM 16 Aug 11

Can anyone help, i'm sure there is a simple answer.

I have an account with mozzilazine & yet when i try login it says my email address isn't valid, i try to re-register & it says my email is in use! They could help.

Woolwell 11:09 AM 16 Aug 11

From Firefox help Firefox tabs

There isn't a progress bar any more and many of the latest versions of browsers have removed it. However if you look at the tab you will see a green circle which indicates the page is loading and bottom left indications of what it may be waiting for.

cocteau48 12:15 PM 16 Aug 11

There still is a progress bar,of sorts. A very thin bright green barline progresses along the bottom edge of the browser address bar as a page is loading.

If you really want to put a progress bar back in the menu bar at the bottom (so long as you have the menu bar enabled)then this add-on will do that for text

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…