Relocating My Music/Pictures

staples printer cartridge 21:25 15 Nov 04

I store all my music and picture files on a slave drive, called My Music and My Pictures. Question is, does anyone know if it possible to make the shortcuts on the Start Menu point to the My Music on D: drive instead of C: drive.

john-232317 21:50 15 Nov 04

Not sure, but try right click on icon, select properties, change C to D in target and start in.

Cook2 22:00 15 Nov 04

One way is to go to your 2nd hard drive and right click on My Music and Create Shortcut then drag this across to your desktop. Do the same with My Pictures.

temp003 07:51 16 Nov 04

Personally I think Cook2's suggestion is a better idea. It's simpler without messing with Windows' settings.

However, there are advantages with what you want to do, and if you want to do it, try the suggestions at click here

The method I've tried and which has worked, is in Windows Explorer, go to C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents folder, and then right click the My Music subfolder, and drag it to your slave drive. Then confirm you want to "Move Here". Remember it's RIGHT click and drag, not the usual left click and drag.

jack 09:10 16 Nov 04

the biggest problem here is the file/folder name.
As these are 'default' names in Windoze O/S.
My Docs/Pictures/Music will always point to the original locations.In Windoze 'C' drive

Think up an original name for the appropriate folders and the usual right click/shortcut will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…