Reloading USB pens.

bluto1 23:16 02 May 09

I've recently had to download (?) all my photographs onto a usb pen.
How do I transfer the data to my new computer. This must be the most idiotic question asked on this forum. Please treat me gently and thanks in advance

Sea Urchin 23:38 02 May 09

When you connect your USB pen to the new computer it becomes a new drive, just as it was on the old PC. So you can access files/folders/pictures etc and copy them to wherever you wish - for example to My Pictures. In effect you do the reverse of what you did when "downloading" them to the pen drive.

bionicle 23:41 02 May 09

Put the usb pen into your new computer, then click 'My Computer'. This will then show your usb pen. Doubleclick on it to open and then cut and paste your photographs to their new location on the new PC.

rdave13 00:12 03 May 09

We all do it differently but I create a new folder on the desktop (renamed) then open the usb drive. Press CTRL+A keys together twice and all the folders should be selected. Paste in the new folder. You can then check the images and move the folder to 'my pictures' if you want.

tullie 00:12 03 May 09

I suggest you copy and paste

Graham. 00:16 03 May 09

Just drag and drop to the desktop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced