reload broadband drivers after shutdown

Magik ®© 19:29 12 Oct 05

hi, my daughter has got BB today, all went well with her setting it up, but, when she shuts down the PC and then restarts it, it will not connect, until she pulls the usb plug out, restarts and then puts it back in, before i make my way over there in the morning, anyone any idea what the problem might be....thanks

MAJ 19:41 12 Oct 05

Make sure it is plugged into the main BT socket in the house and not an extension socket, Magik ®©. You don't say who the BB supplier is, or the operating system she's using.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:45 12 Oct 05

BB modems are power hungry make sure connected direct to USB port on motherboard, not on hub or front case port.

A reload of drivers may be rquired

Via chipsets a pain as far as USB concerned. Make sure you have correct drivers the hyperion 4in 1 click here

Magik ®© 19:45 12 Oct 05

hi, she is on BT BB basic running windows 09se.they supplied a voyager 105 adsl modem

thanks

Magik ®© 19:47 12 Oct 05

that should of course be win98se..

Stuartli 19:56 12 Oct 05

The modem drivers should be installed before the modem is eventually connected to the system.

Magik ®© 20:15 12 Oct 05

thanks all, try it all when i go over there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…