Reliable low cost broadband ISP

anchor 10:10 08 May 06

The telephone exchange in Wales, where my cousin lives, has now been setup for broadband.

He want to choose a reliable, (and lowish cost), broadband ISP. He does NOT want cable, or a deal that includes cheap or free phone calls. He would be content with a 1Mb connection.

What would members suggest.

Totally-braindead 10:22 08 May 06

All info available here click here I'm with Tiscali £12.99 1mb unlimited. Connection perfect but the customer service is poor in my opinion.

You can't go wrong with £17.99 a month for 8MB connection.They are a very unobtrusive provider and thier customer support is excellent.
See here click here

Sorry Anchor quoted wrong price

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:18 08 May 06

There is too much variation, he would be much better asking his neighbours who they use and if they are happy with the speeds.

anchor 12:25 08 May 06

Thanks Gandalf, but as the BT exchange upgrade is quite new, there cannot be much broadband experience locally.

Does the £12.99 Tiscali price for the 1Mb connection include VAT?. I would guess not, and the final price you pay, (with VAT), is £15.26 per month?. I see that a free modem, and free connection is included. Does it also include any free ADSL microfilter filters?.

Stuartli 12:43 08 May 06

The price stated (£12.99) is the price paid - full details on the Tiscali website.

A modem is included along with two microfilters (splitters) and an ADSL cable (3m).

Stuartli 12:47 08 May 06

I now see Tiscali is now offering a 1MB unlimited usage service at £12.99 on its website or, alternatively, the same offer plus free weekend phone calls at the same monthly price.

anchor 12:41 24 May 06

Thanks everyone for your replies, he has decided to go with Tiscali.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…