Reliable ISP

darrboy 13:20 02 Aug 04

I have 3 weeks left on my 12 month contract with wanadoo 512k broadband, at £27.99 per month, I am looking for a reliable service, no download restrictions and of coarse, reasonably priced. I have read very good reviews on central point broadband(click here)does anyone use this ISP, any info would be appreciated, they currently have an offer 99pence to migrate from another ISP, no other charges

byfordr 13:38 02 Aug 04

click here click here

For a good central point of info click here

Used to have the 2mb service on Fast24. No complaints. Nice short 3 months contract. A few family members have the 1mb service and have not had any problems. I'm moving house in a few weeks and am looking at either signing up with them again or going to Bulldog.

Not heard too many grumbles about Zen or Pipex either.

R

rawprawn 13:42 02 Aug 04

I am with tiscali BB 512K at £19.99 per month. I have had no trouble at all and can happily recomend it.

Djohn 14:18 02 Aug 04

I'm with Zen and could not recommend them more highly. click here for the home page and click here for the ADSL comparison guide. Pick any other 5 ISP's + Zen and compare them for reliability/speed and service. j.

pj123 14:36 02 Aug 04

I don't think any ISP is 100% reliable. They all have their ups and downs. I am on NTL Cable BB and although there were a few "outages" to start with it is now fairly reliable. I also have two friends on AOL BB and they are happy with the service. Djohn (of this Forum) would recommend Zen. It's not easy to choose an ISP as most of them tie you down to a 12 month contract, (maybe that's the problem). Perhaps if we could have, say, a two month trial to see if it is any good for our needs or not, the best ISPs might show up. You could have a look at Metronet, which is a Pay As You Go BB provider. Minimum charge £10, maximum charge £20ish depending on usage, but the setup charges are quite high. Their minimum contract is 3 months. click here

pj123 14:38 02 Aug 04

I don't think any ISP is 100% reliable. They all have their ups and downs. I am on NTL Cable BB and although there were a few "outages" to start with it is now fairly reliable. I also have two friends on AOL BB and they are happy with the service. Djohn (of this Forum) would recommend Zen. It's not easy to choose an ISP as most of them tie you down to a 12 month contract, (maybe that's the problem). Perhaps if we could have, say, a two month trial to see if it is any good for our needs or not, the best ISPs might show up. You could have a look at Metronet, which is a Pay As You Go BB provider. Minimum charge £10, maximum charge £20ish depending on usage, but the setup charges are quite high. Their minimum contract is 3 months. click here

smokingbeagle 15:32 02 Aug 04

I use eclipse 512K unlimited. No probs. Check the adslguide site. I have not needed their tech or customer support yet. Use your own modem, one month contract.

dregn 19:58 02 Aug 04

After enduring a lot of problems with BT/Yahoo I transferred a few months ago to UK Online.
I only have a dial up contract ( No Broadband here ) but I have had no problems and no complaints at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…