A reliable free "Back up system", please...?

Antonio Machado 20:32 21 Mar 15

Hello experts:

I bought a WD External Hard Drive some time ago specifically to back up periodically all my stuff, specially MSW Documents. At the beginning, whenever I saved a MSW Document it appeared a tiny screen at the button right side of my screen with the legend "This file has been back up in your External Hard Drive", which gave me peace of mind.

Nevertheless after a few weeks that system just stopped working. I called the Company and they explained me that what I have been enjoying was the "Free Trial Period", after which if I wanted to continue with the service I had to pay them a monthly fee.

Do you know a similar "Back up system" which I might download for free from any reliable website ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greetings from New York,

Antonio Machado elavefenix@hotmail.com

wee eddie 20:52 21 Mar 15

Windows has it's own built in Backup Software. Also I think you'll find that your WD Drive has a Programme in its complementary Folder.

robin_x 23:02 21 Mar 15

Hey to you too from across the Pond. (Don't post email addresses in public)

Windows Backup is available

Personally I think a 3rd party package such as Easeus Todo Backup Free would suit better.

Backup selected files and folders or Image (Snapshot) your main drive partitions to an external drive.

Have a play and shout if you get stuck (with details of what you want to do and your system etc).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:26 22 Mar 15

Free file sync can copy files across to an external drive in real time I do this for important documents emails etc.

and use Macrium reflect free to make an image of the drive wekly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced