Relational Database

profi 17:13 08 Sep 06

My wife died a couple of weeks ago. She was the Records Secretary of a pensioners' charity and I (as Branch Secretary) have inherited her work and files.
She used MSWorks, and kept 17 separate spreadsheets, ranging from one covering all 1000 beneficiaries to one listing those few (28) of the 1000 who delivered Newsletters.
I use MSOffice 2003, and have converted her spreadsheets to .xml files.
Life would be far easier if the spreadsheets were relational databases so that, if one person who delivered Newsletters and also figured in a few other spreadsheets moved house (for example), I needed to change only one entry instead of in each spreadsheet. I can convert the Excel files to Access files, but don't know where to go from there. Any ideas compadres?

picklefactory 19:45 08 Sep 06

Not sure that is a simple question to answer as there would be a fair amount of work to do. It doesn't sound like a complicated Dbase, but there are still quite a number of tasks to perform. Have you looked at the sample databases in Access to see if there are any that might lend themselves to what you neeed?
Is it just contact information? If so there is an inbuilt one in Access you might be able to use. It could also be possible to copy/paste your existing data into the tables to avoid long winded re-entry of all those people.

picklefactory 19:45 08 Sep 06

PS Sorry to hear about your wife.

profi 20:39 08 Sep 06

Thank you.

Forgive my ignorance, but could you point me at the contacts database you refer to in Access? If I can cut and paste into it, it may well be my saviour.

profi 20:45 08 Sep 06

Sorry. Belay my last request. I've found what I'm looking for. Thank you for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac