Related search on left of screen

ponytail 08:18 AM 23 Jun 13

I keep getting on section of my screen a section called related searches it is there now while I am typing this.There is also something which keeps appearing at the bottom of the screen does anyone know what these are they have only just started appearing

ponytail 08:31 AM 23 Jun 13

What appears at the bottom of the screen are just ads how do I stop these annoying things

Nontek 08:35 AM 23 Jun 13

Appears to be a Google add-on ...

click here

ponytail 08:53 AM 23 Jun 13

Thanks Nontek but how do I stop them appearing and why have they just started

ponytail 08:53 AM 23 Jun 13

Thanks Nontek but how do I stop them appearing and why have they just started

Nontek 08:56 AM 23 Jun 13

If you look through the link you will see others asking the same question - maybe the answer is there. I didn't look for it because I am not affected by it.

Nontek 08:58 AM 23 Jun 13

Apr 24, 2013 – The other week, AJ Kohn noticed that Google dropped the related searches search option from the options in the search tools.

This is from my link above!

ponytail 10:19 AM 23 Jun 13

I found this

But cannot see any wrench icon and do not seem to have the option screen

john bunyan 12:51 PM 23 Jun 13

May sound crazy, but do you have the Google toolbar on show? The wrench is on the far right, next to the "Sign in". To confirm, Right Click in main (top) toolbar, and make sure Google toolbar is checked.

ponytail 16:19 PM 23 Jun 13

Hi john bunyan did what you suggested and right clicked on the main (top) toolbar and google toolbar does not appear

john bunyan 17:58 PM 23 Jun 13

If you want it, see here:

Google toolbar

I have it as I use Google as my front page and my primary search engine. I also have my anti virus supplier's toolbar (Avira) which privides real time monitoring and additional anti tracking protection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…