Relaod Internet Explorer

carlo's 20:29 22 Feb 06

Can I simply reload Internet Explorer from the OEM xp home sp2 disc without harming or upsetting my current system set up and will I lose all my current saved files. My reason is I cannot access so many sites.

Why do you need to do this? What sites can you not access? Is it your security settings or AV software, firewall etc?

mammak 20:34 22 Feb 06

Poor you I have had a nightmare 8 days of "page cannot be displayed dns error"I am not to sure if you can just load IE from disc but I am sure someone will be able to help good luck.

VoG II 20:36 22 Feb 06

click here

But give us some examples of sites that do not load first. What actually happens - error message, blank screen, ...

carlo's 20:40 22 Feb 06

Started on 23/2. everything has been great until then. example ford uk home page will not let me request a test drive at the top of the page just times out. In internet explorer under Help/send feed back then try and open "Use this feedback form" just times out and I have checked every security setting and manage add ons. I can access these via firefox. What is AV?

VoG II 20:42 22 Feb 06

Try this click here

AV = Antivirus! What speed internet have you got also? If you say you are getting timed out if you have dial-up it may just not be able to cope with 'larger' sites.

carlo's 20:50 22 Feb 06

2 meg. Never had a problem until 23/2. Got rid of norton and now have AVG. so when i do a system resote to that date norton rearers it ugly head and is incomplete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…