Relaod Internet Explorer

carlo's 20:29 22 Feb 06

Can I simply reload Internet Explorer from the OEM xp home sp2 disc without harming or upsetting my current system set up and will I lose all my current saved files. My reason is I cannot access so many sites.

Why do you need to do this? What sites can you not access? Is it your security settings or AV software, firewall etc?

mammak 20:34 22 Feb 06

Poor you I have had a nightmare 8 days of "page cannot be displayed dns error"I am not to sure if you can just load IE from disc but I am sure someone will be able to help good luck.

VoG II 20:36 22 Feb 06

click here

But give us some examples of sites that do not load first. What actually happens - error message, blank screen, ...

carlo's 20:40 22 Feb 06

Started on 23/2. everything has been great until then. example ford uk home page will not let me request a test drive at the top of the page just times out. In internet explorer under Help/send feed back then try and open "Use this feedback form" just times out and I have checked every security setting and manage add ons. I can access these via firefox. What is AV?

VoG II 20:42 22 Feb 06

Try this click here

AV = Antivirus! What speed internet have you got also? If you say you are getting timed out if you have dial-up it may just not be able to cope with 'larger' sites.

carlo's 20:50 22 Feb 06

2 meg. Never had a problem until 23/2. Got rid of norton and now have AVG. so when i do a system resote to that date norton rearers it ugly head and is incomplete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac