Reinstalling XP question

Major Disaster 12:07 20 Aug 05

Im thinking about reinstalling xp home to clear some of the clutter that has acculamated over the years. When i come, after the windows reinstall, to reinstall all my old apps i was wondering when i reinstall ms office will this reduce the number of installs im allowed to do with it, if that makes sense.

Ill rephrase, ms office allows 3 installs, when i reinstall office will this mean i will have one less install even though its on the same pc?

Thanks for any help

Happy Soul 12:21 20 Aug 05

Uninstall any programs you no longer use then...

Get CCleaner click here it's free.

Get RegScrubXP click here , it's another freebie.

Run them both and do a defrag.

Major Disaster 12:25 20 Aug 05

HUH? Happy Sould thanks for the help, but you kinda missed the question, ill rephrase.
I want to reinsstall windows xp.
Now i have microsoft office installed.
When i reinstall xp and then reinstall microsoft office (that i use) will it count towards the number of installs im allowed to have (a limit of 3)?
Bearing in mind it is the same pc, with no hardware changes.

Jackcoms 12:26 20 Aug 05

Agree with Happy Soul.

Much quicker and easier than a re-install.

But I would use click here
instead of RegScrub. ;-)

Jackcoms 12:28 20 Aug 05

You said "Im thinking about reinstalling xp home to clear some of the clutter"

Note the use of the phrase THINKING ABOUT.

What Happy Soul and I suggest will get rid of the clutter without a re-install.

Major Disaster 12:31 20 Aug 05

ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Sorry now it makes sense.
Sorry im stupid.

Thanks but i do think a reinstall would be helpfull as i have just done it on a laptop and it gave it a new lease of life. Anyway i already have Ccleaner and RegSeeker.

So what about the reinstall office question?

Sorry for that, ill read more carefully next time.

seedie 12:38 20 Aug 05

If you're doing an "over the top" re-install you shouldn't need to do Office as well. A reformat and install will need an Office install but as I'm assuming your Office on a CDROM how does it count them?

Good luck

CD

Major Disaster 12:42 20 Aug 05

Lol, i though some magazines and websites reccomended reinstall the os every year, cosidreing this pc is 3 years old.

Yes it is a full retaisl version of office on a cd, i dont know how it counts them. I get 3 installs, ive used one and was wondering wheter it would use another if i reinstalled it (even though it was the same pc)

Sans le Sou 12:53 20 Aug 05

Probably sends a message to Bill Gates when you install it.

Sans le Sou 12:56 20 Aug 05

They may just ask you to reactivate Windows -happened to me last week after I updated my catalyst drivers.

ACOLYTE 12:57 20 Aug 05

It probably puts a marker in the reg each install
so it know when you reinstalled it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…