reinstalling Windows XP?

jamesyt 15:02 23 Jun 03

I have a problem with my new PC which involved installing a TV card and drivers and now Windows XP reboots the machine after 30 seconds leaving me with no time to do anything about it including a system restore.

However, with few options available to me the last resort would be to format the drive and reinstall Windows XP but is this possible? Plus I have already initalised Windows XP.

Can anyone help?

James

hugh-265156 15:37 23 Jun 03

tv cards can cause problems,mainly because there is no industry standard for them.there is no guarentee that it will work on any given system.

remove the card turn on the computer and keep tapping F8 and select last known good configuration from the list of start up options.

bring the card back and try another maybe.

spikeychris 15:44 23 Jun 03

You need to stop XP from rebooting, it is designed to reboot rather than give the blue screen, however this is useless as you don't know whats going on.

To stop the computer from rebooting:

1) right click the "My computer" icon on your desk top

2) select Properties

3) on the "System Properties" window select "Advanced"

4) look for "Start up & Recovery and click on "settings"

5) in "System failure" un-check "automatically restart"

6) click "OK"

When you restart you should get an error message instead of a reboot.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…