Reinstalling Windows 95

WGW 23:06 05 Apr 04

I'd like to reinstall win95 on my old pc to clear out a lot of junk on it and freshen it up a bit. I last did this a couple of years ago with a bit of technical assistance and although I took some notes I didn't get every detail down and to be honest there seemed to be a few things I know I'd never remember about come this day.

For instance, I seem to remember having to unplug the CDRW drive after formatting c:, then plugging it in again. Why might this have been?

Also, I can recall doing format c:\q because I wrote zeros or something.

Does anyone know of a site that might help me out or know themselves what I'm banging on about? I'm not sure I do. :(

kyprosman 23:09 05 Apr 04
  Strawballs 23:12 05 Apr 04

there is a boot disc called UBD(ultimate boot disc) that does everything for you but I can't remember where I downloaded it from maybee someone else can shed some light.

woodchip 23:19 05 Apr 04

You need CD Drive Drivers as Win 98se boot disc, may not support your CD drive but you can try it from click here To create it put a clean disc in the comp then double click the download to create the boot disc

woodchip 23:19 05 Apr 04

PS all you need to format is Format C: then do a custom install of 95

WGW 00:30 06 Apr 04

Thanks folks. Sounds as though my concerns haven't been necessary. I'll check out all of the advice given and tread forward warily.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…