Reinstalling Windows 8 with laptop and broken screen

HåkonHolte 19:53 28 May 15

Hey, so I have began reinstalling Windows 8 with laptop and broken screen. Anyone knows if I can boot on different monitor, or a way I can just use the keyboard to complete the reinstalling without seing anything?

Would love some help here guys!

HåkonHolte 19:54 28 May 15

And btw, I'll tried windows+p, didnt work

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:59 28 May 15

yes should work off external monitor or TV although may go blank for a while when loading graphics drivers.

HåkonHolte 20:09 28 May 15

But how do I Connect it? At the moment I dont hear the pc working. When I input random stuff on the keyboard, it eventually comes adress turning the computer off.

rdave13 21:53 28 May 15

I don't think you can do it. Win+P gives the choice on main screen same as F4 on some machines. If you've started booting from a DVD, USB then you are automatically on the default. Same as if you booted to IEFI.

rdave13 21:55 28 May 15

I don't think you can do it. Win+P gives the choice on main screen same as F4 on some machines. If you've started booting from a DVD, USB then you are automatically on the default. Same as if you booted to UEFI.

rdave13 22:06 28 May 15

Try the Windows key again, tap P, wait a second, keeping the Win key depressed all the time, tap P again, and wait a few seconds. Try again. It just might cycle through and process the options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac