Reinstalling Win 98 - reformat HDD?

powertool 17:03 03 Sep 03

I wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of a step by step guide to reinstalling Win 98? I have searched through Google but can only find very arcane information about MS DOS. I also tried to do it from the manual and it seemed to go well but when it was finished I found the contents of my HD completely unaltered!

I have transferred all the documents I want to my new PC and the old one [about 4 years old] which runs Win 98 crashes so often these days that I wish it ran like it did when I first got it. So, the idea of reinstalling Win 98 is very attractive if it would make the machine run as fast and as smoothly as when I first got it out of the box! Excuse my ignorance but is reinstalling done after reformatting?

I have a start-up floppy, the original Win 98 CD, and a CD which also came in the box with copies of drivers on it.

Your advice is much appreciated!

vienna1981 17:08 03 Sep 03

reinstalling is done after reformatting as far as i know. I have a word file with step by step instructions on reformatting.

3aspect 17:11 03 Sep 03
  leo49 17:18 03 Sep 03
  powertool 17:18 03 Sep 03

that looks like exactly what I need! brilliant!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…