reinstalling win 98

TINDO 12:46 11 Nov 04

I have formated my hard drive & now i am having problems reinstalling the oparating system Windows 98.Can u please tell me all the formulars step by step please i will be greatful with your help thank you.

oldnovice 12:56 11 Nov 04

try here click here

pj123 15:27 11 Nov 04

How did you format your hard drive? Did you use a floppy boot disk?

If so you would need to reboot with the floppy boot disk and choose "start with CD support" or words to that effect.

Once you have booted to the A: prompt you would need to change to your CD drive put your Windows 98 setup CD in and run setup from there. Are you talking Windows 98 or Windows 98SE?

pj123 12:35 12 Nov 04

Please use your thread to respond not via email.

Received Via email "i have done everything but is not picking up the d: its win98.When u start from choose start with cd support option (1)it still wont read the D: or E:"

It looks to me that you have the wrong bootdisk. I would suggest that you download a bootdisk for Win 95 from click here and use that. You would need to make sure your BIOS is set to boot from floppy first. Also whilst you are in the BIOS make sure that your CD drive is detected.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:05 12 Nov 04

Clean install windows 98
click here

Graham ® 13:20 12 Nov 04

The CD drive may have temporarily have changed letter, try E or R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…