reinstalling software from partition - how?

Carafaraday 10:52 05 Sep 04

Could someone please tell me how I would go about reinstalling an item of software which was originally on my pc when bought. There was no back-up disc provided with the pc, but everything is on a partition (D) on the hard drive.

Record Now wouldn't function this am so I have done a system restore to get it up and running again. I had installed and uninstalled HPMyCD (from CD) in the interim and despite being careful not to delete any shared files in the uninstall, clearly something had gone which Record Now needed. I now have both apps back on the pc and everything seem to work ok but I realise that I have no idea how to go about reinstalling from 'D' if I have to - advice please?

Carafaraday 08:42 06 Sep 04

Can anyone help with this?

woodt 09:47 06 Sep 04

A little more info about you PC might be helpdful...manufacturer, operating system etc...I have a Packard Bell which uses a similar system and has a program called Smart Restore to reinstall programs from the hidden partition.

Carafaraday 09:54 06 Sep 04

OK, sorry. Windows XP. HP Pavilion t580 uk.

The problem is that I don't want to do a complete restore - just the software for the dvd/cd rewriter and I am wondering whether it's all or nothing!

Diodorus Siculus 09:58 06 Sep 04

What format is the partition in?

Some machines allow a selective restore - do you have any documentation that explains what you can / cannot restore?

woodt 11:03 06 Sep 04

Have a look at the HP web site you have a program called Application Recovery, check it out click here

Carafaraday 12:38 06 Sep 04

Thanks all.

Diodorus Siculus 12:59 06 Sep 04

Carafaraday - did it work or did you give up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…