Reinstalling Outlook Express

GRFT 08:18 10 Sep 05

How can I do a completely clean reinstallation of OE? A recently acquired used PC has just had an internet connection set up but details of the previous user's connection (same ISP) still remain which leads to no end of confusion. The hard drive wasn't wiped but Windows was reinstalled.

GRFT 08:21 10 Sep 05

Sorry, system is Windows 98se and IE6.

AndySD 08:27 10 Sep 05

Which version of Outlook

AndySD 08:51 10 Sep 05

click here may help

Hamish 09:04 10 Sep 05

Also try click here

GRFT 06:58 11 Sep 05

Thanks for the help. I managed a reinstall OK but it didn't fix the problem, as I half expected, so I'll have to investigate further.

Wak 09:43 11 Sep 05

If you open OE, go to TOOLS/ Accounts, highlight the relative account and choose Properties, can't you remove all the previous data from there and replace it with the current account???

johnnyrocker 09:46 11 Sep 05

delete the old account and set up a new one?

johnny.

GRFT 10:49 11 Sep 05

Wak & johnnyrocker - yes, that seems more like the solution. I won't see the PC again until Tuesday when I'll try and remove the rogue account and let you know the outcome.
Many thanks.

GRFT 14:53 13 Sep 05

Got it fixed at long last. I went through what I thought was the complete reconfiguration of OE accounts (including removing an identity) but there was still a problem as emails were now being sent OK, none could be received. Eventually, a call to the ISP's very efficient helpline (Tesco.net)solved the problem (although I'm not exactly sure how.)
Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…