Reinstalling firefox settings on new comp

toni b 04:52 09 Jul 05

I have tried for several hours trying to reinstall old firefox settings on to new comp.
I have backed up old settings on to an external hard disk ,but dont know how to tell fire fox to use the old profile.I have read several suggestions such as editing profile.ini has any one had experince with this .I am using as was using firefox. 1.0.4.I now know how to import old book marks from old profile but wish to import whole profile, I have used google but to no avail,I have also tried searching mozilla website but now luck yet ,Thanks Toni B

Diodorus Siculus 07:06 09 Jul 05

MozBackup - A utility for creating backups of Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird and Netscape profiles
click here

octal 07:25 09 Jul 05

Or you can back it up manually click here

toni b 15:07 09 Jul 05

I have tried the second link and followed instructions but no joy, firefox just creates a new user profile.In regards to Moz back up I only learnt about that after I had formatted other compter, I have backed up c drive before so have all the releavant files needed ,SO what and how do I use my original profile from firefox saved on external hard disk and import it.

octal 15:58 09 Jul 05

Normally if you save the file which is located in C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ then when you have reformatted type in a new path C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ and place the file back there. When you reload Firefox the first thing it does is to check if there is a profile in that path, if there is it will use it.

Have you tried that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…