reinstalled xp now can't get resolution ok

Damarc 10:02 15 Dec 08

I am looking at large print on my screen. I have tried the Dell cd for monitor reinstall and also downloaded the driver but I'm still not being able to sort out the problem and until I do I can't install the printer.

It tells me to go to Control panel, appearance, display and monitors and then to click on the default monitor properties. These are greyed in so I can't. I had hoped that after downloading the driver from Dell's website it might sort itself out on rebooting but it hasn't and this size screen resolution is doing my head in. It's 640 x 480 and I can't move the tab along to increase it, that is also greyed out.

Newuser4165 10:14 15 Dec 08

You need to update the adapter driver as well as the monitor driver.
In device manager select the adapter ,right click and select Update Driver.
That should fix it.

canarieslover 10:27 15 Dec 08

It's not the monitor driver that you need, it's the graphics driver. This should also be available on the Dell website.

Damarc 10:28 15 Dec 08

is in xp please? thanks

Damarc 10:32 15 Dec 08

b ut not sure under which heading to look for the adapter. Could you take me through the steps please. Thanks

birdface 10:34 15 Dec 08

Right click my computer.properties.hardware.Device Manager.

ambra4 10:36 15 Dec 08

How to get to Device Manager

Right click on My Computer – Properties – Select Hardware Tab – Click Device Manager

ambra4 10:37 15 Dec 08

Network Adepters

ambra4 10:37 15 Dec 08

Network Adapters

birdface 10:39 15 Dec 08

Or try this its free.click here

Gongoozler 11:02 15 Dec 08

Right click anywhere on the desktop, select Properties - Settings - Advanced - Adapter. If the graphics drivers are installed (which I'm sure they aren't), this window should tell you what it is. If the drivers aren't installed you will have to download them from the Dell website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…