reinstalled xp home and need to recover data

pharte 17:55 05 Mar 04

After all the problems I have been having I have done a fresh install of xp home, I actually wanted to repair but it would not and I ended up doing a reinstall.

I would now like to retrieve some data especially my contacts and calendar from the computer.

The original programme was outlook 2002 supplied on the disc that came with my ipaq which I have now sold, the new programme I am using is office pro 2003, it is ready and running just waiting for info.

Please save my bacon

TIA

Paul

anon1 18:02 05 Mar 04

Unlikely unless you had the address book outside the os and did not format. Have you tried a search for *.pst files or *.wab files? A tip here for anyone contemplating doing any kind of alterations to windows itself, save a back up of; my documents, address book and if using outlook the pst files(windows address book in outlook express)at the very least. You should consider also copy the "program files folder" so that you have a reference to what you had installed previously. Remeber if anything is in the windows folder it may be lost.

pharte 18:25 05 Mar 04

nope, nothing, nada in *.pst or *.wab when I search for files.

The one thing I have noticed is that it searched through music files which had also been deleted but must still be on the drive somewhere, how do I get them back if it is possible ?

Paul

hugh-265156 18:46 05 Mar 04

the chances of getting this data back after a new install of xp is zero if you didnt back if up beforehand.most of it will have been over written.

if its something really important,these guys click here should be able to get it back for you.but it will cost a fortune.

in future make a habit of backing up at least you favorites and address book to a floppy disk for safe keeping often.

everything else to cdr.or make an image of your drive when windows is up to date and running well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…