Reinstalled XP and can't get a sharp image

newbreeze 18:45 04 May 07

I reinstalled XP on my Sony Vio desktop, and now can't get a sharp image on my LCD monitor. Before reinstallation there was no problem with the image which was set to the highest resolution. I think when I got the 19" widescreen monitor, I just plugged it in and it was fine( having had a smaller one). Since reinsalling Windows XP and setting the highest resolution again, the images/text is not sharp and everything is stretched horizontally a little. This is true even if I alter the monitor controls.

I have tried reinstall the correct Acer driver from their website, but I cant seem to get my PC to open the driver file, even if I direct the reinstall wizard to the correct folder downloaded on to my desktop. I have also downloaded the driver for the video card (Ge Force2 Ti), but I get a message when I use the reintall wizard saying that there is no better match for card than that which is already intalled.

Can anyone help? Cheers.

jay.p 01:23 05 May 07

go to add/remove in control panel and uninstall your nvidia drivers and anything else nvida.
after reboot go to your downloaded nvidia driver and just double click it and follow instructions.
sometimes the wizard will fail to see a driver which is why i don't use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017