Reinstalled windows on acer laptop...driver help!

herc182 14:59 09 Mar 09

i reinstalled windows xp on my acer laptop.

bought windows since i lost the recovery cd.

problems;

1 - my keyboard is not configured. i have to hold the function key to use it normally otherwise it defaults to the blue functions on the actual key (EG NUMBERS)

2 - my graphics card is not recognised. therefore i cannot install ati drivers because when it goes to install it says that there is no graphics card installed...

help!

PO79 15:09 09 Mar 09

All drivers should be available on the manufacturers website, that's the place to start.

herc182 15:12 09 Mar 09

been there...nothing for keyboard.

the graphics driver isnt there either. downloaded that from ati directly but it wont install

Grey Goo 15:24 09 Mar 09

What model is it only a lot of Acers use Nvidia graphics.

herc182 16:16 09 Mar 09

its the acer 5600 series.

aspire

also, i wanted to install a clean version of windows but its seems that my old version is still on here...i am so annoyed! i cannot uninstall it!

Grey Goo 17:14 09 Mar 09

The 5600 travelmate uses an N vidia graphics driver according to Acer site. Was/is there a secret recovery partition to make a recovery disc from.

Grey Goo 23:09 09 Mar 09
  herc182 00:06 10 Mar 09

It's definitely ati. But either way how do I get windows to recognize it?!

herc182 00:43 10 Mar 09

this is silly. i cant find a driver for my keyboard...i have looked all day. anyone please have any ideas?

Simsy 05:28 10 Mar 09

that the keyboard number problem you might be able to fix by going into the BIOS...

There might be a setting to default to "numlock on" that is causing the problem you mention. Perhaps setting it to "numlock off" at startup might remedy this.

I'm clutching at straws a bit!

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

herc182 09:20 10 Mar 09

does anyone know what the driver would be called from the acer website? for the keyboard i mean. i have used windows to manually install my graphics driver (right click onmy computer>manage>update driver.>select location then choose one from windows xp library)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…